Friday, July 31, 2009

Ignorance of Ability Brings Disability





This is a simple but powerful phrase that I learn today – ‘Ignorance of Ability Brings Disability’. The deeper I think about the meaning behind, the more I find its truth.

If we think that we are unable to do certain thing, it is not because we have no talent, instead it is because we are ignorant of our ability to learn it. No talent, or difficult, is just an excuse.

I can’t use chopstick correctly until I saw a crippled man doing chinese calligraphy with his upper arm. I am now learning the correct way of using chopstick and I am confident that I will learn this graceful and delicate skill eventually.

Also I no longer have excuse for not acquiring any knowledge or skill simply because I think that I have no ability to learn it.

如果你们还怀疑自己的能力,请看看简单人生这篇帖里这位残而不废的书法家。。。。只要有恒心,有甚么事是办不到的呢?

6 comments:

  1. to add on to your post is "when there's a will there's always a way".. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SK,
    That's the point! Nothing is too difficult to learn if there is will....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 有這樣態度一定能成功

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 1min film. You can learn something if you put your heart into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 是的,世上无难事,只怕有心人!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 龙猫/christine,
    对。

    Mei Teng,
    Yes, I guess we need to put our heart into it in order to appreciate the value behind......

    ReplyDelete

您的留言,让此部落格活色生香。。。。
Your comment will brighten up the blog here....

Life's Sayings

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life, it goes on. (Robert Frost)

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give. (Winston Churchill)