Monday, December 21, 2009

My First DSLR Camera


I recently purchased my first entry-level DSLR camera. It is a Canon EOS 500D.

Before this I was contented with a compact point-and-shoot camera mainly because of the affordability and it is extremely handy and convenient to carry it around. A compact camera also is capable of producing reasonably good shots without much skill needed.

However as I become more attracted to photography, I started to realize the limit of lack of control in a compact camera hence I finally got my hand on a DSLR camera.

I tried a few experimental shots using the camera, using full auto mode, preset scene mode as well as some apperture priority and shutter speed priority shots. The portrait photograph shown here was shot with the largest aperture in order to blur the background. I am not quite ready to try out the full manual mode right now.

It is my wish to be able to capture life's beautiful moments and the scenes of beautiful places through a viewfinder....

8 comments:

  1. hmmmm, didn't realised you've come back quietly, haha!! wow, cool man, you've got yourself a nice DSLR, a christmas present for yourself?? i'm sure you'll love it so much now and hugging it to sleep?? hehehehe :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit lens can't blur the background too much. If you have money to spend, get an EF 50mm f1.8. It's around RM300.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, don't buy a UV (protective) filter for the cheap lens I just mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 很巧。我在三个星期前也买了个Nikon D5000。
    原因也和你的一样。。。“欲求不满”。哈哈!
    情况也和你现在一样。。。在学习中。

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. SK,
    No, I do not hug it. Instead I lock it up inside a dry box so that it can’t run away from me, haha…:-)
    Come on get one for yourself and join the Canonian or Nikonian club, haha,,,

    Khengsiong,
    I now realize why I could only get maximum aperture of f5.6 while taking the photo, that’s the limit of the kit lens! I don’t think I will add any accessory right now until I could handle the standard kit properly. By the way, thanks for your valuable advice, I will need more comments/advices/criticisms to learn further.…..

    CL,
    Haha, so you are a Nikonian and I am a Canonian now. Let’s share the learning and have fun shooting around…..

    ReplyDelete
  6. 你回来了!!!冬至快乐咯!

    原来买了“好料”的,我不舍得买,哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 验光师,
    已注意了一段时间,时机成熟就买下了,呵呵。。。

    ReplyDelete

您的留言,让此部落格活色生香。。。。
Your comment will brighten up the blog here....

Life's Sayings

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life, it goes on. (Robert Frost)

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give. (Winston Churchill)