Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lion and Kids

This Lunar New Year, as usual I drove back to my home town with my spouse and my kids. The journey was a long ones from the southern tip of Penisular Malaysia to almost the extreme north of the country. Furtunately this year the traffic was smooth throughout probably because I went back on Tuesday morning when most of the people must have gone back during the preceding weekend.

I love the feeling of being in the home town with my mother and siblings eventhough the house is normally quite messy during chinese new year due to the large number of relatives and kids who were all around interacting with each other.

My kids also love going back to my home town so much that my daughter shed tears when we were on the way back, not feeling like leaving her "gang" there.

Lion dance is always the kids' favorite and this year was no exception.

I took some photos during my stay there and posted some onto my Flickr account. Surprisingly, one of the photos (posted here above) appeared on the Flickr Explore page on 10-Feb-2011 at position no. 18. However today it slides down to position no. 93, and I realise that the position will change over time subject to some criterion unknown to the public that are set by Flickr.

This is my first photo that appears on Flickr's most interesting photos page and I hope this will motivate me to explore further in the area of photography and throughout the process of continuous learning.

7 comments:

  1. 新年是孩子最快乐的日子...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chinese New Year! :) Nice title post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the loudness drives away all the misfortunes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 追梦者,
    久违了,看着孩子,渐渐淡了的年味又浓起来了。。。

    Mei Teng,
    Thanks and Happy Lunar New Year to you, too. May the year of rabbit brings you more happiness...

    rainfield61,
    The loudness of the drumbeat also boost ones' morale...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice photo !!
    best wishes for you !!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... these kids are not afraid of lion. Some do...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 天王之子,
    Thanks, best wishes to you, too.

    khengsiong,
    All kids were not afraid except my son...

    ReplyDelete

您的留言,让此部落格活色生香。。。。
Your comment will brighten up the blog here....

Life's Sayings

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life, it goes on. (Robert Frost)

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give. (Winston Churchill)